Understanding our Jewish Roots of Christianity: When we understand the Bible from a Hebrew mindset we can see so many parallels, types, and shadows of God’s word. Today is the 14th day of December. But in the Biblical Calendar it is the 10th day of the month called Tevet. This day in the Biblical calendar is a fast day. It is known as Asarah B’Tevet. Just like today for years God has sent His prophets to warn Israel about the impending destruction of Jerusalem if they didn’t mend their ways. But Israel derided the Prophets as bearers of false information. They even went so far as to kill one prophet.God is speaking to the church today.
I used to think years ago that prophetic ministry died when the last apostle died. But then I read in Ephesians 4:11-16 Paul mentions the fivefold ministry to the church today; Apostles, Prophets, Evangelist, Pastors, and Teachers. They are to equip the body of Christ today. To the remnant of church today, they have ears to hear what God is speaking through His Prophets. I don’t listen or watch Main Stream Media to know what is going on. I listen to the prophetic voices what they are saying and how it lines up on God’s word in the Bible.
What the Prophets Jeremiah and Zechariah had warned finally happened on the 10th day of Tevet. Today is that anniversary when the armies of Babylonian emperor Nebuchadnezzar laid siege to Jerusalem. That was in the year 425 BC. Like God, He is ever presently patient waiting for the nation to repent. The destruction of the temple with the Holy of Holies did not take place for another 30 months. For me the application of this fast day called, Asarah B’Tevet is several:
1. I fast today to remind the enemy that I dedicate my life (body, mind, and spirit) for God’s glory and work
2. I fast today to repent of earthly mindsets that invade my discipleship being contrary to God’s word and will in my life.
3. I fast today in thanks that God has been full of grace and mercy toward me and my family.
4. I fast today in thanks that even in God’s Judgement He always restores
5. I fast today for the strength to stand against the evil schemes of this world that wants to come against my God given freedoms.
6. I fast today so my family, everyone of them will know Yeshua, King Jesus and believe Him For Eternal life.
If you are listening, the Prophets are speaking today. We are living in the day where no longer is medical field by and large about saving lives instead thru the pharmaceutical companies they are pushing pills and the “powers to be” agendas. No longer are our children being educated but instead they are being indoctrinated. No longer does the government represent us instead they represent special interest and their pet projects. But there is a remnant of people across the world who are listening to the voice of Holy Spirit. A remnant of God’s people praying, repenting, and worshipping for God’s Kingdom to come here on earth. God is raising up an army. Shalom!