Starting tonight at sunset begins the 9th Biblical month of Kislev. Kislev is the ninth month of biblical calendar year. The name “Kislev” is the Babylonian name of the month. In the Bible, it is referred to as both “the ninth month” and “Kislev” as in Zechariah 7:1, “the word of the LORD came to Zechariah on the fourth day of the ninth month, which is Kislev” (NIV). Among other historical events that occurred during Kislev, none is perhaps more well known than the Festival of Hanukkah, an eight day festival which begins on Kislev 25. “Hanukkah” is a word that means “dedication,” for it was during these days that the Temple had been retaken by the Maccabees and worship was reinstituted.
If you’re going to live a Prophetic Lifestyle one must learn to follow and honor God’s Seasons and Timing through His Feast (Yearly), New Moons (Months) and His Shabbat (Weekly). Nowhere in scripture does it say these Appointed Days are for the Jew only. To the contrary the Bible says they are God’s Appointed Days for Him and all His children. The Biblical calendar is based on the new moon. By this we have learned how to pray, speak, live, and work based on each Biblical months focus.
Kislev is the ninth month and starts tonight.
• It is the month of light into darkness because we are in the winter solstice.
• It is the month of Hope because this is the month when the Temple was returned to Israel from ruin by the Maccabees.
• There was just enough oil to light the lampstand for one day until more olive oil could be pressed. God performed a miracle and sustained the lamps light for eight days, thus is the celebration called the Festival of Lights, Hanukkah.
• Jesus and His disciples celebrated Hanukkah, The Festival of Lights according to John 10:22.
• Hannukah begins on the 25th day of Kislev which begins this year on November 29, 2021.
• It is also called the month of Dreams because in this month there are more dreams recorded in scripture.
• It is the month of the Tribe of Benjamin. This tribe was the most gifted with the art of the Bow in battle (think modern day Air Force or Spiritually Intercession.)
• Benjamin was the only son of Jacob born in the Promise Land. So watch Israel this month.
• Kislev is the month to break old patterns of mistrust and habits as we move into the Head of the Year.
• This is a month to walk in peace and rest. Speak life over yourself and family.
Since Kislev is the Ninth month of the Biblical Calendar let’s look at the Hebrew understanding of the number 9. Remember each number in the Hebrew understanding has to do with an unredeemed side and a redeemed side. The number nine has to do with judgment of God both in a positive understanding dealing with LIFE and in a negative understanding dealing with DEATH.
Here are some examples of the Number Nine being Fruit Bearing or LIFE
a. A woman is pregnant for nine months before giving birth to new life.
b. There are nine fruits of the Spirit according to Galatians 5:22. Galatians is the ninth book of the New Testament and 5+2+2=9Love, Joy, Peace, Longsuffering, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness, and Self control.
c. In Genesis 1, God gives the commandment, “be fruitful and multiply” nine times.
d. Yeshua, King Jesus died on the Cross on the ninth hour and is the first fruits of our Resurrection.
Examples of Nine and Judgement in the Bible:
a. All forms of the word “death” occur 999 times in scripture,
b. There are nine Biblical sieges of Jerusalem.
c. In Haggai 1, God’s judgement is poured out on nine different things.
d. Nine people are stoned in the Bible
e. The ninth day of Av is when the 10 spies did not mix faith with God’s promise and caused Israel to sin.
f. The name of Adam is found 9 times in scripture
g. The phrase, “my wrath” in the Greek has a numerical value of 999.
Remember, this month of Kislev, when you wake up in the morning and see the sun rising in the east, God’s Spirit is moving through your day with new mercies, blessings, and righteous judgement.
Holy Spirit is moving on your behalf just as the 9 planets are moving around the sun each day. Kislev is the month to recognize God is speaking to you prophetically in Blessings, Righteous Judgement, and His Light into the darkness. It is the month Holy Spirit is moving on your behalf. Shalom Blessings.
(excerpts taken from “A Time To Advance” Chuck Pierce, and “Numbers That Preach” Troy Brewer)