This week while studying the Torah Reading I was reminded of God’s Covenant Promises. Deuteronomy 5-6. Moses reiterates the Mt Horeb experience of God meeting with Israel in Fire and Shekinah Glory. In Deuteronomy 5:32-33 & 6:10-12 God promises these Blessings to those who are obedient to his Covenant, the Ten Commandments.
1. Your Days Will be Well and Prolonged: “Therefore you shall be careful to do as the Lord your God has commanded you; you shall not turn aside to the right hand or to the left. You shall walk in all the ways which the Lord your God has commanded you, that you may live and that it may be well with you, and that you may prolong your days in the land which you shall possess.”
2. God will give you Cities you did not Build: “So it shall be, when the Lord your God brings you into the land of which He swore to your fathers, to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give you large and beautiful cities which you did not build,
3. God will give Houses filled with Good Things: houses full of all good things, which you did not fill, hewn-out wells which you did not dig, vineyards and olive trees which you did not plant— when you have eaten and are full—
4. God will give Wells you did not dig: houses full of all good things, which you did not fill, hewn-out wells which you did not dig, Deuteronomy 6:11
5. God will give you Vineyards and Olive Trees you did not plant. Deuteronomy 6:11
6. God gives a warning while experiencing His Blessings: then beware, lest you forget the Lord who brought you out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.
Our Pastor, Larry Huch spoke a powerful message last Sunday, “According to your Faith, may it be unto you.” Or according to your obedience my it be So.
Here is a Shabbat Blessing I Pray over you and your family today.
May The LORD make His face shine upon you,
and be gracious to you;
May The LORD lift up His countenance upon you,
and give you peace.”
May you reach the purpose for which you were created. May you have courage above your peers.
May you have more passion for the things of God
than others think is necessary.
May you dream more than others think is practical, and may you expect more than others think is possible.
May you choose wisely, without earthly bias.
May You have people to influence that you have not yet met.
MayYou have lives to change that are waiting for your arrival.
May You be strategically placed wherever God takes you by His grand design, just so you can become all He made you to be.
That place is the place you can best grow, the place you can be most fruitful, the place where the future is changed because of your presence.
May you see vistas that others do not even know exist.
May you see God in every petal of every flower and in every blade of grass for each of them are designed by His hand.
May you bless your children and may they become giants in the faith under the mighty hand of God.You will not fail, you were made by God to be here—for such a time as this.